Monday, June 6, 2011

bonnaroo

I drive to Bonnaroo again on Wednesday to participate in the great paradox fesitval outdoor music. I refer, of course, the incredible experience of the band after seeing the band I love you That combined with hours and hours of high temperatures, humidity, sun exposure and tired. Although I took my sunscreen, and a beautiful wide-brimmed hat, events and am always a little hipster mustache to join the natives. However, I am very excited to Tennessee with my brother over the weekend and have a list of my most anticipated events. I’m still looking for recommendations, however, so feel free to play with bands that pay attention.

Headline:
My Morning Jacket tops my list here I have never seen (the tragedy, right?) But I’m also excited to see Buffalo Springfield meeting. I really hope it lives up to its hype, but it will be a pleasure to see Neil Young – Oh, well, and you too, Stephen Stills and Richie Furay. On the other hand, I’m glad Iron & Wine, Ray LaMontangne, The Decemberists, and of course a small group called The Arcade Fire.

Roots music:
If you are familiar with my stuff | serial roots, will not surprise you that I am most eager to hear the roots and bluegrass artists. Let the outskirts of Nashville, after all. The shows always feel a little more intimate and real. This year will provide great acoustic music: I’m thinking to see Old Crow Medicine Show, Alison Krauss and Union Station, Justin Townes Earle, Abigail Washburn, Ben Sollee and others.

Small Acts:
Those of others is a small group and the Mathew Street Atlas – an acoustic band to tour with English Mumford & Sons. They play in the first half of the set of Eminem, which is fine with me. I will also try to see the parade of David Mayfield, Carle Hayes, independent whales, and not so young (if events go) Sharon Van Etten (the conflict with Jessica Lea Mayfield explosion, hear!), Best Costa (WHO, judging by some evening performances I’ve heard, is a much more interesting) and phosphorescent.

As usual, there are many conflicts. I hope for an earful of Bootsy Collins and Dr. John, the

Preservation Hall Jazz Band and others if I can steal away from agendas. I will also do my best to Henry Rollins spoken word / comedy act to watch. I had a little word from the 90's This is the legend: “And I’ll tell you what you already know, so you can say” I am with you to assign both ‘. “

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment